"Hackescher Hof" was re-opened 1996 after the restoration of the Hackesche Höfe.

The coffered ceiling of the restaurant as well as the windows in the dining hall that can be countersunk into the floor have been kept from the former wine restaurant of the Wilhelm Neumann Company.

The Hackesche Höfe, built 1900, with their eight backyards, were one of the biggest construction sites in Europe at the time.